Film Appreciation Course
MGM Film Arts,
MGM University Campus,
29th March to 02nd April 2020
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Mahatma Gandhi Mission (MGM) University, Aurangabad announces Short Course in Film Appreciation (05 days) on MGM University campus, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
Details of Course
- 29th March to 02nd April 2020 (05 days inclusive of Saturday & Sunday)
- Timings: 10 am to 5.30 pm
- No. of participants: 100 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 75 is reached)
- Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st March 2020
- Nationality: Indian
- Educational Qualifications: HSC (12th pass), In exceptional case, 10th pass may be considered.
- Venue: MGM Film Arts, MGM University campus, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Fees: Rs 4,088/- per participant (Base fee = Rs 3,464/- and GST = Rs 624/-)
- Mode of payment: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune.
- Last date to apply: 12th March 2020 by 4 pm
- Course Director (Main Faculty) : Mr. Sudipto Acharyya
Sudipto Acharyya has studied cinema at FTII Pune, with specialization in Direction and Screenplay Writing (1997 – 2000). He has completed his MA in Film Studies from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
How to apply
Download the application form from FTII website (www.ftii.ac.in/p/skift)
OR and www.mgmfilmarts.com.
Fill – in the details, attach required Demand Draft and speed post or deliver it in person to
Dr. Rekha Shelke, Principal, MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication, Mahatma Gandhi Mission Campus, N – 6, CIDCO, Aurangabad – 431003, Maharashtra
so as to reach on or before 03rd March 2020 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Film Appreciation Course”. Incomplete applications & applications received after due date & time will be rejected
- Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 75 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 04 days.
- Medium of Instructions: English & Hindi.
- Accommodation: Limited Non AC accommodation (on first come first served basis) within the MGM University Campus, Aurangabad, on triple sharing basis is available for the outstation participants on additional lumpsum payment of Rs 2000/- per person for 06 days which is not inclusive of meals. This additional payment is to be made in advance in cash on 28th March 2020 directly to the MGM University authorities.
Interested participants need to intimate the accommodation requirement in the application form without which the same will not be considered. The accommodation will be available from 28th March to 03rd April 2020. If any other services like laundry etc are available & opted by the participants, the same will be charged on at actual basis by the University to the participants.
Participants need to assure general decency, decorum etc on the University campus and room allotment may be cancelled if same is not followed. All rights in this regard are reserved with the University management.
- Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
Queries: For any queries contact following persons;
(i) From FTII, Pune – Prof. Sandeep Shahare: 9923242654, email@example.com
(ii) From MGM University – Mr. Shiv Kadam: 9823745745 (MGM Film Arts)
Dr. Rekha Shelke: 0240 – 2480490 / 0240 – 2478908/ 8806255507